"Success happens when your dreams are larger than your fears." — Rooster Morris
| The photo is of my daughter and I at Lake Tahoe in June of 2009. I do not have a lot of recent pictures of myself because I am the one usually taking them. Lake Tahoe is one of my favorite spots, as I have many fond childhood memories of spending the summer there with my grandparents, who were instrumental in my education and in my introduction to literature. It is my hope that I can impart some of this appreciation of reading and writing to my students.
|Office Location: || Virtual, Elko Campus|
NOTE: Substitute @ for (a) when sending a message.
- Monday: Daily via Cell Phone 1-4, or email anytime.
- BA, San Jose State , 1968
- Std. Life Teaching Cred., San Jose State, 1969
- MSEd., University of Nevada Reno, 2005
- Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin
- Blind Your Ponies, Stanley Gordon West
- This House of Sky, Ivan Doig
- Everyday Sacred, Sue Bender
- Sweet Promised Land, Robert Laxalt
- There are so many things I am interested in that it is difficult to focus on one.
- I love to sew, draw, paint, work with pastels, write prose and poetry, go hiking, horseback riding in the mountains.
- I also love to travel and experience different cultures.
- Western Folklife Center, Montana Historical Society, Townsend Quilt Guild,
- Lewis & Clark Trail Heritage Foundation, Crimson Bluffs Chapter
NOTE: Viewing syllabi in Word (blue symbol) or Excel (green symbol) requires that your computer has those Microsoft products.
Viewing PDF documents (red symbol) requries the Adobe Reader plugin for your browser, available free from Adobe.
Whether or not syllabi are posted here is up to the discretion of the faculty member.
|Catalog Description: ||Critical reading and writing of the expository essay. Emphasizes pre-writing, strategies for organization, and revision. ||
|Catalog Description: ||Continuation of English 101. Emphasizes writing from sources, argument, the investigative paper, and research techniques. ||