Dr. Josh Webster
English Instructor, Academic Affairs
"You want to know the secret of the world? It's this:save it and it'll repay you, every second of every day." — Warren Ellis, Planetary
| I grew up in Southern Michigan, moved to Mississippi for graduate school, and then taught three years in Fargo, North Dakota (Fun Fact: the infamous wood chipper from the movie is in the city visitor's center) before moving here to Elko and starting at Great Basin College. I studied journalism, science and elementary education as an undergrad, and my later degrees are all in English with emphases in Creative Writing. I'm also interested in critical theory, science fiction, film, graphic novels, pop culture and random things that catch my interest for whatever reason.
|Office Location: || MCML 132, Elko Campus|
NOTE: Substitute @ for (a) when sending a message.
- No regular office hours during summer. Please e-mail me to set-up an appointment.
- PhD in English, The University of Southern Mississippi
- Master of Arts in English, Wayne State University
- Bachelor of Arts in English Journalism, Madonna University
- Currently Reading (Fiction): Faust, Goethe
- Currently Reading (Comics): Saga, Brian Vaughan and Fiona Staples
- Currently Watching (TV): Silicon Valley, Mike Judge
- Currently Watching (Movies): Irma Vep, Olivier Assayas
- Currently Listening: I Love You Honeybear, Father John Misty
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs, GBC Film Festival Committee
NOTE: Viewing syllabi in Word (blue symbol) or Excel (green symbol) requires that your computer has those Microsoft products.
Viewing PDF documents (red symbol) requries the Adobe Reader plugin for your browser, available free from Adobe.
Whether or not syllabi are posted here is up to the discretion of the faculty member.
|Catalog Description: ||Critical reading and writing of the expository essay.||