The mission of the Teacher Education Program of Great Basin College is to provide a distinctive early childhood, elementary, secondary, and special education program for rural Nevada.
The Teacher Education Program is designed to develop competence, values, skills, and knowledge to promote lifelong learning and is distinctive in the following ways:
- We recognize and value diversity in the heritage and traditions of the region;
- We collaborate with the six rural school districts and early childhood programs in the region to offer early and extensive clinical and field experiences throughout the programs;
- We utilize the professional expertise and contributions of faculty and staff in all academic disciplines and
- We utilize technology for distance education and delivering education courses in rural areas.
When you graduate from the Great Basin College Teacher Education Program, you will be prepared for certification by the Nevada State Board of Education.
You can earn a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Secondary Education. The Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education prepares students to teach in grades seven through twelve in biological science. The Teacher Education Program faculty will advise you in regards to the current endorsement needs in the region.
- Contact Admissions and Records for admission procedures at 775.753.2102.
- Complete an official application for admission.
- Request that your official transcripts be sent to GBC.
- Contact the Teacher Education Department for advisement at 775.753.2177.