Associate of Science Natural Resources Pattern of Study
The pattern of study provides students with courses that prepare them for a Baccalaureate degree in natural resources, biology, wildlife biology, range management, forestry, ecosystem studies and management, and other types of natural resource degrees. It closely follows the requirements for Great Basin College’s Bachelor of Integrative Studies — Natural Resources Emphasis.
Upon completion of the pattern of study, students will earn an AS degree and have the ability to:
- Progress into the junior year of the GBC BAIS—Natural Resources Emphasis
- Transfer to a four-year level natural resources degree program.
- Effectively communicate basic science principles related to natural resources
- Identify relationships between human activities, biological systems, and the physical environment
- Work as a technician in jobs requiring skills in natural resources