Student Ambassadors are a club dedicated to serving as representatives for Great Basin College. By becoming a member of the Student Ambassador Club, students are signifying their willingness to serve GBC and support the goals and mission of our college while having fun at the same time. Involvement in the club is a great experience for current GBC students to develop their leadership skills while making an impact on the many individuals who are visiting one of our campuses or planning on attending GBC.
Being a Student Ambassador is a stimulating opportunity that will provide program participants with a truly positive and memorable experience. All members of the Ambassador Club are responsible for assisting with activities and services. Activities vary and some are mandatory while others activities are volunteer and arranged around students schedules.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- High school visits
- Career, College and Job Fairs
- Follow Up contact with Prospective Students
- Campus tours
- Ceremonial events — groundbreaking, building openings, etc.
- Assist with and Attend SGA Student Activities
- Social Gatherings
- Mandatory and Volunteer Club meetings
If you or someone you know would like to become a member of the GBC Student Ambassador Club, please obtain an application by contacting:
1500 College Parkway
Elko, NV 89801
For more student information, review the GBC Student Handbook and the IAV Student Handbook in PDF* format.
* All PDF documents require the Adobe Reader plugin for viewing, available free from the Adobe web site.