NOTICE: Beginning Fall of 2011, GBC will no longer be providing student email accounts. Be sure you have
a valid email address set up in MyGBC (click for instructions) so that the college can contact you with important information.
A Bighorn email account @gbcnv.edu is set up automatically for every GBC student. This helps the college to communicate with you and is essential for students receiving financial aid.
Further, the beginning of your Bighorn email address (the part before the @ sign) will become your username for:
- Campus lab computers
- WebCampus (for Internet classes)
So, it's important that you activate your Bighorn Mail account.
Once activated, you can access your Bighorn Mail.
Forwarding Your Bighorn Email to Your Personal Email Address
You may want to forward the mail you receive at your Bighorn mail to your personal email account. This way, you won't have to separately check for messages in two places. To forward your mail:
- Log into your Bighorn Mail
- Click this picture at the right of the screen:
- Click the word Settings at the upper right of your Gmail window.
- When the Settings window opens, click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the Forwarding section, do something like the image shown below, substituting your personal email address for "firstname.lastname@example.org."
- Click the SAVE button at the bottom of the Settings window.
- Now all your Bighorn mail will be forwarded to your personal account.
Forgot Your Password?
If you forget your password, you'll need to bring a picture ID to the GBC Elko computer lab or the campus nearest you to have your password reset.