BLOODBORNE PATHOGEN EXPOSURE
If you are stuck by a needle or other sharp object or get blood or other potentially infectious
materials in your eyes, nose, mouth, or on broken skin, follow the instructions below.
- Exposure involving MOUTH or EYES: clean the area with large amounts of water.
- Exposure involving a CUT, ABRASION or PUNCTURE to the SKIN: allow to bleed and
wash with soap and large amounts of water.
- Report the exposure incident immediately to an emergency contact.
- Contact Human Resources at 775.753.2155 or 775.753.2194 or the Campus Director (see campuses) who will fill out the incident reports or Worker’s Compensation
take written statements.
- The maintenance staff will clean
up the area of the exposure following predetermined