Skip to main content
GBC logo against State of Nevada seal. Click to go to the home page graphic.


Admissions and Records
Great Basin College
Phone: 775.327.2059

Transfer to GBC graphic.

Transferring to GBC

Planning Ahead

A student who hopes to obtain a bachelor's degree from Great Basin College, but is beginning his or her education at another Nevada community college, can save time and money by planning ahead. Use a transfer articulation agreement to help you pick the appropriate classes.

Submitting Transcripts

If you plan to transfer courses to GBC, please have an official transcript sent to: Admissions and Records, 1500 College Parkway, Elko, NV 89801.

GBC will evaluate your transcripts from other colleges, provided that you've both applied and declared a major. If you did not declare a major when filing your application for admission, you may do so by completing a Student Information Change form and delivering it to the Admissions Office in Berg Hall at GBC Elko or your local GBC Center office. You can also change your major through your MyGBC Student Center. Click on My Academics and then "Request Program/Plan Change".

For the awarding of college credit, Admissions and Records will only accept official transcripts from other colleges, universities, and educational testing sources; unofficial copies will not be accepted. A transcript must be sent directly to Admissions and Records by mail or electronically from the applicable institution to be considered official; faxed copies and hand delivered transcripts will not be accepted.

If you have initial questions about the transferability of your courses, you may want to consult with GBC's Transcript Evaluator.

Evaluation of Transcripts from Other Colleges

GBC's Transcript Evaluator will determine how your courses apply to GBC's program requirements. When clarification is needed, the Transcript Evaluator will consult with the appropriate academic department.

Transfer credit is granted for completed general education courses and for courses that are applicable to your current plan of study. If you change your declared major it is your responsibility to notify the Admissions Office at to request a re-articulation of your transcripts.

How Do I Check to See if My Transfer Courses Have Been Applied at GBC?

  • Log into the MyGBC Self-Service Center.
  • Click the Student Center button.
  • Click the My Academics link at upper left.
  • Click the View my transfer credit report link.

If you disagree with the results of evaluation, you can discuss your areas of concern with the Evaluator (Admissions Office, Elko Campus, 775.327.2059). It will be helpful for you to provide additional documentation, such as catalog course descriptions and course syllabi. The Evaluator will then review the transcripts again, conferring with faculty as needed.

If you are still dissatisfied, you should contact the Registrar at the address below in writing, outlining specific concerns and request, providing documentation, if appropriate. The Registrar will then work in consultation with the appropriate faculty and make a final determination.

Director of Admissions and Registrar
Admissions and Records
1500 College Parkway
Elko, NV 89801

Transferring to GBC with a Degree

A student transfering to GBC with an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) from a regionally accredited college or Associate of Business (AB) from an NSHE (state of Nevada) Institution will be considered by GBC to have fulfilled the GBC lower-division general education requirements.

A student transfering with a bachelor’s degree from any regionally accredited college or university will be considered to have fulfilled all general education requirements (lower- and upper-division). These students are not required to take Integrative Seminars (INT 339, INT 349, INT 359, INT 369) if they already have a bachelor’s degree, unless the INT seminar is a specific program requirement.

Additional Resources

For more transfer information please check out our Transfer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page for transfer related topics.

Explanations regarding students' rights and responsibilities can be found on the Nevada System of Higher Education Transfer Rights and Responsibilities Page.

For More Information Contact

Admissions and Records
Great Basin College
Phone: 775.327.2059

Return to top

Why Great Basin College

Great Basin College, "The Gold Standard in the Silver State", offers associate and baccalaureate level education in academic, career and technical fields. Welcoming over 4,000 students annually from all corners of the country, both online and at our various campuses and centers, GBC's presence extends across two time zones and spans more than 86,000 square miles throughout Nevada. A leader in rural higher education, GBC takes pride in developing students who are well-prepared to meet the demands of industry and who contribute to the success and prosperity of the local economy.

We Are GBC graphic.
Viewing PDF files require the Adobe Reader for your browser, available free from Adobe.